Ryan T. H. Law
2013 (Hong Kong)
Areas of Practice
Commercial & Banking Law
Compulsory Sales of Land
Equity & Trusts
Family & Matrimonial Law
Financial Services Regulation
Property & Land
Regulatory & Disciplinary
Ryan has a broad civil and commercial crime practice with a particular strength in advocacy appearing at all levels of courts and tribunals.
Prior to joining the Bar, Ryan worked in the solicitor stream at a prominent law firm with an emphasis on corporate insolvency, commercial litigation and regulatory proceedings. Thereafter Ryan served pupillage with Mr. Selwyn Yu S.C. (commercial crime), Mr. Osmond Lam (general civil and commercial crime), Mr. Richard Khaw S.C. (general civil and arbitration), Mr. Jonathan Wong (company and injunction).
In his civil practice, Ryan is often instructed in complex and high value matters involving trusts, land, contract, commercial and shareholder disputes. Besides, Ryan regularly advises on listing matters including compliance issues and requisitions from relevant regulatory bodies.
In his criminal and regulatory practice, Ryan frequently represents clients as a led junior in complex commercial crime matters such as misconduct in public office, bribery, fraud and tax evasion charges. Ryan regularly advises and acts for clients in financial (SFC) and insurance sectors (IARB and Insurance Authority) related matters.
Ryan obtained his LLB degree (Dean’s Honour List, top 5%) and PCLL (Distinction, top 3%) where he was granted scholarships and prizes in international mooting and subjects of civil procedure, criminal procedure, land and conveyancing practice and corporate and commercial practice.
Ryan is fluent in written and spoken English, Cantonese and Putonghua.
- The Daniel R. Fung Q.C., S.C. Prize (2010 – 2011)
- The Hong Kong Conveyancing & Property Law Association Limited Prize in Conveyancing (2010 – 2011)
- Moot Court Prize, School of Law, City University of Hong Kong (2009 – 2010)
- International Manfred Lachs Space Law Moot Court Competition, Champion of General Rounds and Best Oralist of Final Rounds, Sydney (2009 – 2010)
- Dean’s List for Outstanding Academic Results (2008 – 2010)
- Distinction in P.C.LL. (2010 – 2011)