1998 (Hong Kong)
CEDR Accredited Mediator (2009)
LL.B. (Hons.) (1997)
Areas of Practice
Commercial & Banking Law
Probate & Succession
Property & Land
Jason has been practising law as a barrister for over 20 years primarily in civil litigation with an emphasis, more recently, on property and land disputes, mortgagee actions, probate and succession matters. Apart from litigation, he is also actively involved in mediation held within and outside chambers both as a mediator and as counsel. Some of the mediations that he attended lasted over a week involving multiple parties, which gave rise to favourable results moving parties forward with their respective objectives.
In March 2017, Jason was appointed as a Deputy District Judge. Since then he continues to sit from time to time adjudicating civil matters of different nature.
Other than the above, Jason also represents licensed corporations in complaint assessments undertaken by the Securities and Futures Commission. On a regular basis, private companies and banking institutions retain Jason, through solicitors, to render legal and strategic advice on commercial disputes that frequently arise from the day to day operation of their businesses. With his experience in adjudication, mediation and litigation, Jason is able to provide practical but effective solutions to these matters and to engage in forward planning with an aim to save time and costs in the event that legal or disciplinary proceedings are unavoidable.
- Hao Tian Finance Company Limited v Hung Yuk Ming and Kwok Sau Ying  HKCFI 465
- Jiang Jianxin v Yiu Ming Fung  HKCFI 528
- Re Gainwell Securities Company Limited  HKCFI 1497
- Leung Wing Hong v Leung Yiu Cho, the administrator of Estate of Leung Kam Wah, the Deceased and Others, HCMP 1473 of 2014, 11 August 2016
- DBS Bank (Hong Kong) Limited v Lok’s Engineering Limited, HCA 2522 of 2009, 29 May 2014
- Asia Pac Infrastructure Development Ltd v Ing Yum Leung Alexander and Others  1 HKLRD 587 (use of video conference facilities at trial)
- Chan Luen Yan and Ors. v Chan Tin Chai and Ors., HCCW 211 of 2007, 14 May 2010 (T’so and T’ong dispute)
- Re Fan Chi Wing, HCBI 37 of 2009 (duties and liabilities of a debtor in an IVA application)
- Re Ng Shiu Fan  4 HKLRD 774 (whether pension benefits received after discharge form property of a bankrupt – pending CFA appeal)
- To Kin Wah and Ors. v To Fook Tim and Ors., CACV 107 and 108 of 2008 (T’so and T’ong dispute)
- X v Secretary for Justice  5 HKLRD 14 (whether a magistrate has jurisdiction to hear committal proceedings for a juvenile charged with murder)