2022 (Hong Kong)
Areas of Practice
Family & Matrimonial Law
Equity & Trust
Property & Land
Probate & Succession
Regulatory & Disciplinary
Injunction & Contempt
Public Law & Judicial Review
Velda is a Charles Ching Scholar of 2022. She joined Chambers in the same year after completing her pupillage with Mr. Robert Pang SC, Mr. Osmond Lam, Mr. Eugene Yim, Mr. Tim Parker and Mr. Richard Yip.
Velda is developing a mixed civil, matrimonial and criminal practice. She also has experience in competition law, judicial reviews and disciplinary matters. She is capable of delivering oral and written advocacy in English and Chinese and accepts instructions in all areas of Chambers’ work.
Velda double majored in War Studies and Philosophy at King’s College London before studying Juris Doctor at the Chinese University of Hong Kong. She received various scholarships and awards during her legal studies, including ranking 1st in year for Civil Procedure and graduating on Dean’s List.
Velda also represented her university in a number of international mooting competitions, including the Philip C. Jessup International Law Moot Court Competition and the Herbert Smith Freehills Competition Law Moot. She has since judged in international mooting competition and is currently appointed as the first alumni coach of her alma mater’s ICC Moot team.
- PCLL, The Chinese University of Hong Kong
- JD, The Chinese University of Hong Kong
- BA War Studies and Philosophy, King’s College London
- Charles Ching Memorial Scholarship (2022)
- Dean’s List (2019-2020)
- Addleshaw Goddard Prizes for Civil Procedure (2019-2020)
- JD Scholarship for Academic Merit (2018-2019, 2019-2020)
- Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer Community Investment Award (2018-2019)