Kelvin K. H. Liu
2008 (Hong Kong)
Areas of Practice
Chinese Customary Law
Probate & Succession
Property & Land
Kelvin has a broad civil practice predominantly in the areas of property and land, probate and succession, Chinese customary law, contract, companies and insolvency.
Kelvin carries on the Chamber’s tradition of regularly taking on pro bono work with the Hong Kong Bar Association Pro Bono Service and the Duty Lawyer Free Legal Advice Scheme.
Property & Land
- Ng Kam Kuk v Chan Fung Chun  2 HKLRD 606 – appeared for the defendant in an appeal against a Master’s decision to order the discharge of a charging order on the title of a property.
- Lau Mo Choi v Lau Muk Fat (as the Manager of Lau Shau Wo Tso)  HKCFI 380 – appeared for the plaintiff at trial in his claim as a member of a tso against the manager of the tso.
- Lok Tin Choi v Lai Kwai Lin  2 HKLRD 448 (Court of Appeal) – appeared for the successful plaintiff at trial and successful respondent in the appeal in a dispute over New Territories land involving Chinese custom or customary rights of a mother to require her son to maintain her.
- Leung Hang Lin & Anor v Lam Mei Yung (HCA 1374/2017) – appeared for the plaintiffs at the trial of a dispute between family members over the beneficial ownership of the family home.
- Fong Chung v Wu Chik Chin (HCMP 21/2016) – appeared for the successful applicant in an application for declaratory relief in relation to the land registration and title of residential property.
- Lo Kau Kun v Cheung Yuk Yun (HCA 152/2013) – appeared for the defendant at the trial of a property dispute between a couple who had been separated for over 20 years prior to the action.
- Fung Oi Ha v Fung Pui On & Another (HCA 17/2012) – appeared for the plaintiff at the trial of a dispute between siblings over the beneficial ownership of the family home.
- Kwan So Ling v Woo Kee Yiu Harry (HCA 1311/2011) – appeared with Mr. Jason Wong at the trial of a property dispute between family members.
- Lam Mable v World Peace Limited & Others (HCA 4699/2001) – represented the plaintiff in dispute over a New Territories property involving issues of illegality and the Government’s Small House Policy.
- Wai Kam Foo Daniel v Wai Kam Wah Raymond (HCA 1877/2015) – represented the plaintiff in an action to remove an executor.
- Fung Hing Chiu Cyril v Henry Wai & Co (a firm)  1 HKLRD 808 – appeared with Mr. Raymond Chu for the applicant in his application for a declaration that an arbitration clause in a retainer between a solicitors’ firm and its lay client was unenforceable.
- Mok Hon Kin Patrick v C3S Far East Ltd  HKDC 798 – appeared at trial for an employer who successfully claimed against its former employee for having made fraudulent expenses claims.
- Re: Todd Gilmer Everts, the Debtor, ex p Gerard Gorn, the Petitioner (HCB 4767/2012) – appeared for the debtor who successfully resisted the petition for bankruptcy.
- Sy Chin Mong Stephen v Xian Karkiu Electric Power Ltd Co (CACV 20/2009 & HCSD 31/2006) – appeared for the creditor in an application to set aside a statutory demand at the Court of First Instance and before the Court of Appeal.