2015 (Hong Kong)
Areas of Practice
Chinese Customary Law
Confidentiality & Privacy
Equity & Trusts
Family & Matrimonial Law
Injunction & Contempt
Medical Negligence & Personal Injury
Probate & Succession
Property & Land
Joyce obtained her LLB degree and PCLL from the University of Hong Kong, ranking 9th in her year overall. During her studies, she was placed on the Dean’s Honours List twice, and was awarded various scholarships and prizes. After completing her pupillage, Joyce joined Chambers in 2015.
Joyce is fluent in English, Cantonese, and Mandarin, and accepts instructions for both advocacy and advisory work covering a wide range of areas of law.
For criminal matters, Joyce has acted for the prosecution and defence in criminal cases concerning a variety of offences.
For civil matters, Joyce has been involved in companies, matrimonial, trusts, personal injuries, adverse possession, and general civil cases, as well as cases involving the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance (Cap. 486) and Chinese customary law. In particular, Joyce regularly advises on and appears in hearings involving main suit, ancillary relief and children matters in the Family Court.
Joyce has appeared in the Magistrates’ Courts, District Court, Family Court, High Court, and Court of Appeal as a sole advocate.
- Middle Temple Advocacy Scholar (2015)
- Bloomsbury Book Prize in Civil and Criminal Litigation (2014)
- Robertsons Prize in Civil Litigation (2014)
- University of Hong Kong Worldwide Scholarship (2013)
- F. Zimmern & Co. Prize in Legal System (2010)
- Dean’s Honours List (2009 – 2010, 2011 – 2012)
- FCMC 7215 of 2021 – Represented the Petitioner Wife in successfully obtaining a substantial award of maintenance pending suit after a contested interlocutory hearing.
- FCMC 1820 of 2021 – Represented the Respondent Father in seeking a split custody order in a children’s trial.
- HCA 2211 of 2015 & CACV 8 of 2020 – Represented the Plaintiff creditor in successfully obtaining summary judgment against the Defendant debtor. The Defendant’s subsequent appeal was dismissed.
- HCMP 370 of 2018 – Represented the Plaintiff in successfully obtaining vacant possession and mesne profits over a piece of land which was assigned by the deceased to the Plaintiff prior to her death.
- FCMC 12808 of 2017 – Represented the Petitioner Husband in successfully obtaining a decree nisi against his former spouse after a trial on main suit.
- HCA 1755 of 2017 – Represented the Defendant in successfully resisting an application for summary judgment despite the existence of a signed loan agreement.