2014 (Hong Kong)
Areas of Practice
Equity & Trusts
Injunction & Contempt
Medical Negligence & Personal Injury
Probate & Succession
Vincent has been instructed in a wide range of civil cases with a focus on commercial law, contract law, employees’ compensation, personal injury and probate and succession.
He also has experience in giving legal opinions on compliance issues for companies in various potential initial public offerings and listing applications on the Main Board or the Growth Enterprise Market of the Stock Exchange of Hong Kong Limited.
He was appointed as a Deputy Adjudicator of the Small Claims Tribunal for three different terms, respectively in 2020, 2021 and 2022.
- Wang Weichen v Praise Fortune Limited (HCA567/2020, 5 July 2022),  HKCFI 1880: Appeared for the defendant in resisting an application for summary judgment for the outstanding principal and interest under a loan agreement where the effective interest rate was 60% per annum
- Rich Fine (HK) Investment Limited & Anor v Leung Yiu Chuen (HCA1243/2012, 25 May 2018),  HKCFI 1126: Appeared for the defendant in a 6-day trial in defending a claim for outstanding construction costs in a joint venture for the development of small houses in the New Territories
- Ming Tak Motor Vehicles Company Limited v Water Motors Group Limited & Anor (HCA2124/2014, 11 April 2018),  HKCFI 741: Appeared for the plaintiff in a 10-day trial in recovering outstanding sum in a joint venture for investment in taxis with licences
Employees’ Compensation and Personal Injury
- Tsue Lai Kee v Nanyang Commercial Bank, Ltd (DCPI1127/2017, 12 November 2021),  HKDC 1415: Appeared for the plaintiff to claim for loss and damage arising out of a slip and fall accident on the basis of breach of common duty of care
- Luk Shun Kwong v Hoi Tin Enterprise International Limited (DCEC2179/2013, 17 February 2017) & Luk Ho Kwong v Hoi Tin Enterprise International Limited (DCEC278/2014, 17 February 2017) (consolidated): Appeared for the same respondent in resisting two applications for employees’ compensation
- Regularly rendering advice on liability, quantum and evidence in various personal injury cases
Probate & Succession
- Ma Wah Yan v Dharma Realm Buddhist Association Inc  1 HKLRD 983: Appeared for the defendant in resisting an application for an order to pay judgment sums and an order to sell.
Winding up and Insolvency
- Re G&G Trading Limited (HCCW8/2016, 26 September 2017): Appeared for the company in resisting an application for appointment of a provisional liquidator
- Re China Solar Energy Holdings Limited (HCCW108/2015, 1 March 2016) (with Ms. Po Wing Kay): Appeared for a group of contributories for argument on costs in respect of an application for removal of provisional liquidators
- Deputy Adjudicator, Small Claims Tribunal
(Jul 2020 – Jan 2021, Jul 2021 – Aug 2021, Feb 2022 – Sept 2022)